Truck Driver Tips for Safer Driving
Aim High in Steering
- Look ahead to where you will be at least 15 seconds from now.
Get the Big Picture
- While glancing ahead, don't forget the sides and rear. Consistently update your information.
Keep Your Eyes Moving
- Focusing on any object for too long reduces your peripheral vision - your early warning system.
Leave Yourself an Out
- When possible, surround your truck with space.
Make Sure They See You
- Eye contact is insurance against the unexpected.
These tips are applicable regardless of your type of vehicle. Share the road and be safe!
Search for More Driving Tips